Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Trouvez l'offre d'emploi que vous attendiez, ici et maintenant. Grâce à cette plateforme d'emploi EXCLUSIVE aux chargés de projet, vous vous assurez de consulter les offres d'emplois les plus pertinentes pour votre avenir.
Deputy Project Manager
Technologie de l'information
Ordinateur et Logiciels
Date de début :mars 20
Appliquer avant :avril 21 2021
Industrie : Technologie de l'information, Ordinateur et Logiciels,
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
VMD Corp defends our nation’s critical air travel infrastructure. We are recognized leaders in protecting domestic and foreign travelers and ensuring the safety and security of all individuals within our borders.
About the Mission You Will Join:
VMD provides the best security screening services to ROC by applying a core and uniform operations model to the execution of screening operations to effectively reduce security vulnerabilities and enhance security effectiveness.
VMD at ROC builds upon our proven track record of success by constant communication with TSA and stakeholders, remaining open, flexible, and adaptive to new strategies that address the evolving threats to aviation security.
Frontline security protecting the aviation transportations systems.
Your Impact To The Mission
This Deputy Project Manager will have responsibility for Airport security operations in a designed terminal or overall operations at and Airport site to include Passenger, Checked Baggage and Layered Security Screening. Reports directly to Project Manager (PM) or designee on security related issues. The member will direct the work of Staff Duty Officers (SDOs) to ensure the requirements of TSA’s Checkpoint/Checked Baggage SOP’s are met. This member holds an executive level global view of operations and is responsible for the conduct, performance and professional development of their staff via the SDOs. The member maintains a high level of knowledge skills and abilities pertaining to Corporate and TSA objectives. The member communicates daily with the command SDOs to ensure operational consistency and efficiency.
The member should not assume that they are expected to personally perform all operational functions. Appropriate delegation of authority within specific tasks is expected to efficiently manage the airport security operation(s).
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- At least 5 years of management experience in aviation security, airport operations, or personnel security services.
The Deputy Project Manager will have experience conducting the following duties:
- Directs and oversees passenger, baggage and layered security screening operations throughout the airport or terminal; ensures all SDOs manage security operations with efficiency, effectiveness and provides ongoing guidance and direction to staff members to improve the overall effectiveness of the organization as a whole
- Delegates tasks to direct reports to develop their skill sets and broaden their experience; monitors SDO individual performance and providing frequent communication in order to promote leadership development
- Monitors screening operations and collaborates with TSA counterparts to ensure TSA policies and directives are adhered to and coordinates implementation of new TSA directives and procedures
- Develop and maintain working relationship with stakeholders
- Direct oversight of incident management and all workplace investigations generated by the SDOs; assists SDOs in addressing disciplinary issues with personnel and initiate formal disciplinary actions when necessary; consults with PM/HC when additional guidance is needed
- Ensures SDOs follow and enforce VMD policies and procedures; sets priorities; assigns tasks, monitors and evaluates performance; coaches and develops employee capabilities; takes or recommends corrective/disciplinary action as appropriate
- Ensures all assigned personnel provide the traveling public with the highest levels of security customer service and professionalism; upholding the TSA Mission while exemplifying VMDs core values; balancing these needs with safety and security in mind
- Attends weekly executive staff meetings, monthly tenant meetings and conducts regular meetings with SDOs to provide direction and share information.
- Routinely meets with Small Team Representatives to address employee/ workplace issues, develop solutions and assist with implementing positive change.
- Manage overall operational schedule; identify staffing/manpower issues and make recommendations to the PM or Designee; determines overall scheduling strategy to balance needs of employees and screening operations, including leave approval and schedule assignments; plans and prepares, in advance, for peak loads and special events/incidents affecting security screening.
- Responsible to ensure Non-standard hours is balanced between operational and contractual needs, minimizing employee overtime; ensures that the scheduling process is fair and unbiased.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organizations goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Mentors and develops management skills for SDOs and Leadership Team
- Monitors direct reports performance, providing frequent communication in order to promote leadership development.
- Monitors attendance records; incident logs and TSA Scorecards to determine trends or potential issues
- Ensures security screening equipment is maintained and policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensures effective cargo screening in conjunction with the air freight manager, TSA regulatory and the airlines.
- Oversees the review and approval of employee timesheets, identifying and ensuring correction of errors/discrepancies.
- Oversight of HAZMAT sorting facility including documentation, proper storage, and interaction with TSA for disposition through 3rd party vendor
- Oversight of Workplace Safety management.
Desired Qualifications And Experience
- Self-Awareness and Integration of Self and Role- Professionalism
- Creating and Maintaining a Respectful Workplace
- Conducting Performance Management
- Encouraging Teamwork and Work towards Conflict Resolution.
Education Requirement: Associate Degree
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? Yes
Required Certification(s): N/A
Desired Certification(s): N/A
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 10
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 7
Minimum Clearance to Start: Public Trust
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
The Type Of Person That Will Excel
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel And Telecommuting
- Travel: None
- Telecommute Options: None
Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Mission Advisory, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.