Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Trouvez l'offre d'emploi que vous attendiez, ici et maintenant. Grâce à cette plateforme d'emploi EXCLUSIVE aux chargés de projet, vous vous assurez de consulter les offres d'emplois les plus pertinentes pour votre avenir.
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Project Manager - Science
New York, New York, United States | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Project Manager - Science
Project Manager - Science
29 jours | New York, New York, United States | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Date de début :mars 21
Appliquer avant :avril 22 2021
Industrie : Ingénérie Civile, Architecture ,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté :
Description du poste
Project Manager - Science
Chicago Los Angeles Washington DC San Francisco New York
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
General Duties And Responsibilities
SOM is seeking an Architect focused on project management with experience in the science markets. We are seeking a leader who can provide project level management for the delivery of architectural services. In addition to the project management, a role of supporting science business development is required. You will be responsible for client relations, conducting business development and supporting the science practice area.
SOM’s Science Portfolio Can Be Referenced Here
- Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
- Contributes to SOM’s leadership by enabling clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while promoting professional relationships internally and externally.
- Conduct important client communications and videoconferencing occasionally after hours.
- Convey valuable design information from the client to the design team.
- Serves as primary contact with clients, external consultants and vendors.
Business Development Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the SOM leadership team in business development efforts for the initiation and development of new business opportunities for SOM's growing Health + Science practice.
- Researches, interprets and shares market knowledge.
- Identifies and evaluates potential Clients and new projects.
- Develops and implements business plans with SOM leadership.
Subject Matter Expert Duties And Responsibilities
- Experience in the design of science facilities with an understanding of chemical control zones, bio-safety levels and building code as it specifically relates to research facilities.
- Experience in leading the design of commercial and private industry science projects a plus.
- Understanding of laboratory and science planning principles at the laboratory scale (vibration, humidity, temperature, interference) and building scale (site planning, blocking/stacking, programming, master planning).
Project Management Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages project services required; maintains internal cost control procedures, monitors and documents project process.
- Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
- Prepares services agreement in conjunction with Project Partner.
- Chairs weekly project coordination meetings on all active projects.
- Schedules and chairs all client meetings. Records the minutes of these meetings and documents action items.
- Monitors services vis-à-vis the contract requirements and identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service that result in supplemental or additional services and bring such changes to the immediate attention of the client and Project Partner.
- Inspires and leads others by example, participates in staff mentoring and training, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- Develops and engages in talent strategy to find specialists, leaders, and future professionals for the firm through resume review and interviews.
- Actively engages in internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in the implementation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments and the associated development of staff knowledge.
- Coordinates and supports business development, public relations, and marketing opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of standards, policies, and procedures.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the project management role, managing multidisciplinary design teams, contracts, and communications with client teams.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience specifically in science related projects (experience can be concurrent with project management experience).
- Licensed Architect or equivalent of experience in a related profession preferred.
- Knowledge of Sustainable Design practices
- LEED Accredited a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Deltek Vision preferred.
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors.
- Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed . Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R-1989
SOM consists of a diverse, interdisciplinary group of architects, engineers, planners, interior designers, and more. We hire talented people who are passionate about design and offer a rewarding career experience.
Project Manager | Washington DC