Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Trouvez l'offre d'emploi que vous attendiez, ici et maintenant. Grâce à cette plateforme d'emploi EXCLUSIVE aux chargés de projet, vous vous assurez de consulter les offres d'emplois les plus pertinentes pour votre avenir.
Senior Manager, Mobile Engineering
Technologie de l'information
Date de début :janvier 27
Appliquer avant :février 27 2021
Industrie : Technologie de l'information,
Peut être fait à distance
Peut seulement être fait à distance
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned engineering leader to join Scribd’s engineering team leading Mobile Engineering.
About the Role:
Our iOS and Android engineering teams, led by their respective engineering managers, build the product where most of Scribd’s subscribers read and listen. The teams strive to build a solid, fast and dependable product that users adore and engineers are proud of. We build native apps, using modern software architectures with an aggressive technical debt payment philosophy. We believe that building things the right way, with the right tools leads to a successful product, happy engineers & productive teams. The individual in this position will be responsible.
- Be responsible for the iOS, Android & Mobile QA teams -- with the managers of each reporting to you.
- Be responsible for our build tooling / developer productivity engineering team.
- Manage, coach and mentor your managers by having regular 1:1s and building strong relationships. Enable them to be self aware by providing genuine feedback.
- Inculcate industry standard software engineering best practices across your teams.
- Ensure your team is working effectively with recruiters to hire and build a diverse team of talented engineers that are meeting the growing business needs.
- Remove obstacles in execution by effective communication, leadership and lean processes.
- Ensure iOS and Android are building a platform and product in the best ways, with the best tools.
- Ensure the iOS and Android teams are demonstrating ownership and accountability on their platforms stability, observability, delivery & incident response.
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams that deliver stable, high quality software. You know what a highly functional engineering team looks like and how to grow leaders that can develop them.
- You have a technical background, are able to contribute to planning and design discussions, and believe in building teams and practices that scale.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership and pride in your teams and managers.
- You know and care about software engineering best practices; perhaps a little too much.
- You can work with Product and other stakeholders to deliver quick results while also driving longer-term initiatives.
- You can plan and deliver a roadmap, and grow leaders that can do the same.
- You are known for clear and succinct communication, and are able to represent your team to all audiences.
- You are an empathetic manager that enjoys working with people and deeply cares about growing people and their careers.
- At least 10 years of experience building and delivering software products.
- At least five years of experience as a manager, and at least two managing multiple teams or managers.
- A working knowledge of building native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android
- Experience building native mobile applications on at least one major mobile platform.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineering leaders.
- A history of growing teams and building leaders.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.