Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Trouvez l'offre d'emploi que vous attendiez, ici et maintenant. Grâce à cette plateforme d'emploi EXCLUSIVE aux chargés de projet, vous vous assurez de consulter les offres d'emplois les plus pertinentes pour votre avenir.
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Engineering Program Manager 2
Rush, New York, United States | Rochester Precision Optics
Engineering Program Manager 2
Date de début :mars 11
Appliquer avant :avril 12 2021
Description du poste
Engineering Program Manager 2
Director of Program Management
SEE YOUR CAREER THROUGH A NEW LENS WITH RPO!
RPO is a global leader in precision optics, optical components, and optical assemblies. We specialize in a full spectrum of products & services including - Design and Engineering, Systems Integration, Lens Assembly, Visible and Infrared Components, Glass and Plastic Molded Aspheres, and Thin Film Coating. As one of the fastest growing companies in Rochester, RPO offers exciting career paths and work on market-leading programs. See below one of many career opportunities to join to RPO team!
Manage customized engineering programs from inception to delivery, ensuring final product meets specifications, timeline, quality, and budgetary constraints in support of customer expectations and RPO operating plan and goals. The Engineering Program Manager will plan and coordinate program activities including the development and monitoring of bid/no bid spreadsheets, proposals, timelines, and will initiate and coordinate the decision-making process, troubleshoot issues, and be the key liaison with customers from PO placement to product delivery.? This position cultivates and nurtures productive relationships with customers.?
Summary Of Essential Job Duties
- Customer interface for input/output of program goals and deliverables.
- Process all information to and from the customers insuring completeness and accuracy.
- Facilitate conference calls and customer visits.?
- Follow the course of all specification change activity to ensure implementation and appropriate cost change is captured and implemented
- Control scope creep and manage change, where possible anticipate problems that may occur and take early preventative action
- Monitor and communicate progress against program goals with customer and project team
- Administer a broad range of documentation and tasks including scheduling and maintaining meeting calendars, publish minutes, assign & track completion of follow up items as needed to execute project scope on time
- Gain cooperation of others and effectively facilitate cross-functional meetings and discussions, proactively identify issues and drive solutions to quickly address program challenges.?
- Provide customer support outside of regular work hours, as needed.?
Design, Manufacture, Build
- Champion the engineering design effort at RPO, both product and assembly/test tooling
- Schedule and facilitate design reviews, both internal and external, and ensure creation of all necessary support presentations and documentation
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototype parts, gages, fixtures, tooling, & equipment as needed in order to keep the project on track and under budget.?
- Promote creation of BOMs and oversee the release of RPO manufactured parts including timing and quantities
- Monitor the manufacture of parts and act as point of contact for all technical decisions
- Coordinate with engineering technical support on build needs/schedule; prototype builds, test methods, and documentation
- Support VP of Engineering as required.
- Partner with Business Development and Sales Account Managers as needed to ensure program success
- Assist with ROMs and quoting in order to support sales goals and objectives?
- Create and maintain the project timelines, project folders, program reviews, and any other required reports in order to ensure a successful completion of all assigned projects across relevant functions and smooth transitions through project stages
- Maintain the RPO program folder which acts as the repository for all project information: customer specification, design review packages, test data, project plans, etc.
- Manage projects in the Epicor Project Management module and work with Cost
- Accounting to track all project costs and communicate as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to communicate effectively to team members and management.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- B.S and 4 years of experience in technical field such as optical, mechanical, or program engineering preferred. Will also consider management related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents ('Green Card' holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
Environment & Physical Demands
- Professional office environment with routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machine; noise level typical of a standard office environment
- Prolonged sitting, computer and telephone use, as well as standing, filing, bending, reaching and lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds
- Regular exposure to manufacturing plant floor requiring the use of personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & Benefits
RPO offers highly competitive, total compensation packages linked directly to employees professional experience. RPOs benefits include: Tuition Reimbursement Program, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 9 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and sick time and a 401(k) plan after a 60-day waiting period. Additionally, we work a 4/10 work week that provides for every Friday as a non-work day.
This job description reflects managements assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.