Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Trouvez l'offre d'emploi que vous attendiez, ici et maintenant. Grâce à cette plateforme d'emploi EXCLUSIVE aux chargés de projet, vous vous assurez de consulter les offres d'emplois les plus pertinentes pour votre avenir.
Program Manager - Science
Biotechnologie et Pharmaceutique
Date de début :mars 24
Appliquer avant :avril 24 2021
Industrie : Santé, Biotechnologie et Pharmaceutique,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 1-2 ans
Description du poste
Life-science holds the solutions to some of the toughest problems facing the globe, issues spanning from health and medicine to food, manufacturing, and the environment. But our pace of biotech innovation is not fast enough to keep up with the need for solutions. We need to accelerate if we are to rise to the challenges that confront us.
Biologists are held back by the need to run their experiments by hand. Manual pipetting is a tedious, error-prone process, and it is slowing down science. We believe biologists should be free of monotonous labwork and the repetitive stress injuries that come with it. They should be able to spend their time designing experiments and analyzing data, moving us closer to scientific understanding and the world-changing technologies that follow.
That’s why Opentrons makes robots for biologists that are 10-100x cheaper and easier to use than any lab automation before. Our robots automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand so our users can spend less time pipetting and more time pursuing answers to the 21st century’s most important questions.
Opentrons’ robotics are in use in over 40 countries around the world and have been adopted by top-tier institutions like Stanford, Harvard, Merck, and Roche. Opentrons is VC-backed with investors including Khosla Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About The Role
Opentrons robots are deployed in a wide variety of labs, from synthetic biology to clinical testing for Covid-19. As we expand into new verticals, it is important that our Science team is able to adopt processes, back practices, and tools to scale with the engineering team. The science team is instrumental in Opentrons’ success, especially when it comes to validating protocols on new product introductions, validating reagents for strategic partnerships, continuing research and development on scientific methods to improve automation workflows or enhancing our market reach with our marketing team.
As the Program Manager for science you will be responsible for implementing key processes, tools and best practices from the program management office into the science team to ensure we all are held to the same standards. You will also hold the science team accountable to their deliverables in programs/projects. This will include developing program schedules, risk assessments, and budgets.
You must have a proven track record of program completion that is on time and within budget. You will need experience in the biotech space or have a biology background, proven leadership capabilities, excellent communication skills, and passion for getting into the details with the teams.
- Work closely with Science team and PMO to implement best practices, processes and tools
- Immersed in what it means for products to be “Science Ready”
- Support scoping and planning of R&D, protocol & reagent validation, marketing campaign fits, and new product introduction validation
- Coordinates staff to further completion of projects/programs.
- Prepares Laboratory management reports, as needed.
- Manage multiple development projects in a dynamic, high-paced environment ? Regularly report project status and issues to Senior Management and other stakeholders ? Performs related duties, as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- 5+ years experience in program management
- You thrive in ambiguity and come up with processes to cultivate the best product development
- You have experience managing and delivering complex programs
- You have a strong technical understanding of biology and liquid handling devices ? You have experience in new product introductions, and product lifecycle management ? You bring out the best in those around you, providing context, clarity, and a healthy collaborative environment to the teams you work with
- You have entrepreneurial mindset to lead the team to make tough decisions to achieve execution goals
- You have experience creating, analyzing and maintaining project schedules with tools such as monday.com
Opentrons is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.