Energy Sciences partners with its clients to provide solutions that are right for them: right-sized, custom-designed energy solutions that optimize use and reduce waste using sustainable practices. We work with utilities, governments and businesses, providing practical energy management programs with tangible bottom-line results.
We are a certified Women Business Enterprise based in Metro Detroit. Our services include program design, just-in-time consulting, strategic planning, implementation, training and education. We specialize in program design and implementation, holistic commercial and industrial facilities solutions and municipal energy waste reduction programs.
3500 W. 11 Mile Road, Suite B., Berkley, MI, USA, 48072
Energy Efficiency Utility Program Manager
Opening date:June 10
Closing date : July 10 2020
Energy Efficiency Utility Program Manager
Jackson, Okemos Michigan
As a utility program manager with Energy Sciences, you will join our team of degreed and licensed engineers, scientists, and efficiency professionals to meet the energy use challenges of commercial buildings and industrial processes. We are looking for experienced and talented technical team members to assist our clients, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, identify energy-savings opportunities, reduce waste, and save money. You will play a key entrepreneurial role on a team in an exciting, start-up environment that is dedicated to driving our vision of a sustainable and socially responsible energy future.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management or a related field required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients, and colleagues
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects)
- Proficient with IOS and Android device and apps operations
- Budget and data management experience
- Technical knowledge of equipment and strong management skills needed
- Experience delivering presentations or other public forums
- Must be able to prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team
- Team player with positive attitude and ability to work effectively with different teams
- Solid problem-solving capabilities
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 5% of the time (primarily local, in-state, same day return travel)
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
Day to day
You will join a team dedicated to helping commercial and industrial customers reduce their energy use by providing technical expertise through energy efficiency programs, training initiatives, and direct to customer services. Some of the day to day activities you would be involved with might include:
- Program management, working closely with utility client personnel to monitor program/project results including energy savings and quality assurance
- Build strategies for achieving program goals and increasing energy efficiency
- Monitor program results and develop recommendations to improve the program
- Program will require research of existing industry knowledge, determining equipment selection and installation, monitoring equipment, and creating case studies.
- Support launching and management of new pilot programs
- Manage performance of subcontractors
- Complete technical and financial analyses
- Review and process invoices
- Facilitate analysis of energy efficiency products
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct presentations/trainings to a variety of stakeholders including utility clients, customers, community organizations, trade allies on energy efficient technologies and program incentives
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment under fast-paced scenarios
We offer a full benefits package, including a health plan, dental and vision, life, a retirement plan, paid holidays, and paid time off, and a competitive salary.
More about Energy Sciences
Energy Sciences is on a mission to create a more sustainable and socially responsible energy future. We value working as a team, questioning the status quo to find new and better ways, doing our work with integrity, as well as taking responsibility and initiative to get things done. We provide professional consulting, training, and energy management services to commercial, industrial, and municipal sectors, delivering customized solutions and sustainable strategies.
Energy Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive employment consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please submit your resume.