ASCENT SERVICES GROUP
The Ascent Services Group (Ascent) is an American CyberSystems (ACS) company. We are a nationally ranked and recognized staffing and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting and workforce management solutions. We work in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Business Professional talent categories and meet the talent needs of mid-market and large enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Technology, Healthcare, and Life Sciences as well as a variety of other sectors.
With nearly 6 million professionals in our network, Ascent focuses on listening carefully to our clients and our professional consultants to ensure we provide an exceptional experience during their engagements. Whether we are helping our clients recruit talent or managing their internally identified workforce with Payroll Services and IC Compliance services, Ascent is an extension of our clients’ talent brand. We deliver by leading with value while building a dynamic and valuable human network.
1001 Galaxy Way, Suite 405, Concord, CA, USA, 94520
Opening date:May 21
Closing date : June 22 2020
Staffing and Recruiting
Ascent Life Scienecs is hiring a Project Manager immediately.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager to lead full lifecycle management for drug development across an exciting array of new products. The PM will be responsible for working with internal and external resources to deliver exceptional, high quality project plans and to work with the key executives to ensure success on both financial and technical aspects across all phases from concept to market
Starting from the day you join, you will need to jump into the process supporting the detailed planning of each product candidate. You will report directly to the Director of Project Management and will have key responsibilities to the R&D and Operations departments. You will need to rapidly absorb relevant information on this and other products and where each is within the development process. Then, create project timelines and be instrumental in driving the next phases.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes.
- Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Manage contract manufacturing organizations as needed.
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes while ensuring project teams meet the needs of the company by balancing process and flexibility to keep drug development moving quickly and efficiently.
- Keeping project team, senior management, and strategic partners informed on progress to goals, as well as communicating issues and risks, and proposing and implementing plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
- Contributing to team strategy, including reviewing critical documents to ensure they are in line with project goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Key Attributes
- A BA or BS degree in the Life Sciences; advanced degree is desired
- 4+ years multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with direct project management in drug development and medical device development.
- Experience leading clinical phase teams and product filings strongly desired.
- Strong proficiency with the application of project management practices, tools, and methodology to the drug development process including direct knowledge of the development of biologic agents (e.g. mAbs).
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations; understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgement
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources
You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with stakeholders at all levels both within and external to the company. Global experience and PMP certification strongly preferred.