Avesta Computer Services
Avesta is a privately held technology consulting and staffing company established in 1994. We provide full life cycle technology services on a strategic staffing basis to our customers in the Financial, Pharmaceutical, Technology and Health Care sectors.
Our value proposition, combining top-quality and time sensitive implementation of technology solutions, finds many of Avesta's customers viewing us as a strategic long-term partner.
Avesta believes in conducting business based on mutual growth living up to the highest standards of ethics and values and is known for our high customer satisfaction.
220 Davidson Avenue Suite 302, Somerset, NJ, USA, 08873
Network Project Manager
Opening date:May 15
Closing date : June 15 2020
Information Technology (IT)
Job Title - Network Project Manager
Location –Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Duration – Contract
Rate - W2 - $480 daily
· Create & maintain detailed project schedule
· Manage equipment orders, staging & inventory
· Conduct weekly meetings, and document via weekly Status Reports that include the following content: Team Accomplishments, Agenda, Key Point / Minutes from Last Meeting, 2 week Look-Ahead, Actions, Red/Amber/Green Issue Tracking Summary, Network Change Request Summary
· Provide detailed and timely regular and ad-hoc updates to management
· Ensure timely and accurate publication of all project deliverables owed by Deployment Engineers
· Manage project delivery
· Escalate project issues to management
· Support project closure activities
· Work with Deployment and Firewall Engineers in creating, and participate actively in the creation of, the following mandatory network deliverables.
· Act as primary liaison between implementation team and internal groups including IT Facilities, Application Connectivity, UNIX / Wintel when necessary, business /client and peer resources. and external groups including collocation providers and any 3rd party equipment staging partners
· Coordinate appropriate updates with NMS Team as devices are productionized and ensure all network devices are properly inventoried in data base when required.
· Secure appropriate signoff for all deliverables produced or updated during a project
· Oversee and manage day to day activities of firewall Engineers and deployment staff
· Ensure all networking systems are delivered based upon internal network standards
· Ensure compliance with Client’s standard network deployment practices during implementation
· Create, or work with Deployment Engineers and firewall engineers to create Change Requests.
· Secure approval for change requests.
· Attend weekly change control meetings to present, or support presentation by Deployment Engineers, and leads across network changes
· Host testing bridge conference calls for any changes involving disruption to service or activities
· Coordinate next business day support for changes
· Issue notifications for all change events
· Turn-over all documentation created or updated during this project to Operations team.
Required – Technical
Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing network implementation projects
Background in the financial services industry
Aptitude for managing technical staff in a dynamic matrix working environment
Aptitude for managing demanding clients, and managing/resolving conflicts
Required – Project Management
Understanding of L2 frame & L3 packet concepts
Understanding of TCP/IP addressing & behaviour and the OSI Model
Understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), ip multicast, quality-of-service
Familiarity with Arista and Cisco Nexus platforms
Understanding of PMI project methodologies and proficient in MS Project, Excel & PowerPoint.