NORTON ROSE FULLBRIGHT
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
200 Bay St., Toronto, ON, CAN, M5J 2Z4
Legal Project Manager / Gestionnaire de projets juridiques
Legal Project Manager / Gestionnaire de projets juridiques
Toronto, Ontario, Canada | NORTON ROSE FULLBRIGHT
Opening date:September 23
Closing date : October 24 2020
Information Technology (IT)
Legal Project Manager
The Legal Project Management (“LPM”) function provides support for client engagements by scoping for commercial proposals and managing the matters effectively during the engagement. You will be responsible for specific client portfolios and engagements. The role is both business and client facing and will require frequent contact with key stakeholders, senior colleagues and clients. The role reports directly to the Senior Legal Project Manager and forms part of the wider pricing and LPM function. This role can be located in any of our Canadian offices.
The detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop specific client matter project and portfolio documentation and reports, including preparation of and reviewing financial analysis and project metrics
- Assist relationship partners in developing budgets and work plans for new and existing legal matters
- Participate in pitch opportunities involving potential new mandates
- Lead budget and forecast preparation for various clients and individual matters
- Review, analyze and forecast monthly and yearly financial results and explain significant variances to clients and internal stakeholders
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting for client engagements
- Monitor and track legal team activities and provide on-going updates to ensure that the legal mandates meet firm standards and client expectations
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks on legal matters; manage changes in scope
- Liaise with our clients as well as our lawyers, pricing, finance and business development professionals
- Assist on other special projects as needed
Skills And Experience Required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a similar capacity in a legal or professional services firm or previous experience as a practicing lawyer or paralegal
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently by using sound judgement, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent client service orientation and mind-set
- Flexibility to work remotely with a global team
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues in other service areas and offices
- Comfortable working with and leading teams of partners, associates and other legal personnel
- Use appropriate judgement in dealing with issues and client demands by demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritize work, balance resource requirements and determine solutions
- PMP, CAPM certification or comparable experience managing matters
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), Visio and project management software; able to learn new applications quickly. SAP and
- SharePoint knowledge a plus
- Experience with enterprise reporting systems, financial analysis and reporting considered a strong asset
- A high level of computer literacy and competence
- Strong presentation skills
- Good problem solver with a logical and methodical approach to issues
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact us.