TECHNAMO is a niche agile IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, E-Verify company, Amazon AWS Cloud Solution Partner, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, Cloudera Big-data solution partner. Founded by a team of highly qualified and experienced information technology executives with sound technical expertise and the right mix of business knowledge, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
7406 Alban Station Ct a106, Springfield,, VA, USA, 22150
Opening date:January 08
Closing date : February 08 2021
Information Technology (IT)
TECHNAMO is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to the Virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware, and Maryland govt. agencies.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
The required position is for a Senior Project Manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) projects in support of the Michigan Department of Treasury. As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the project manager will follow the State's SUITE methodology (and required deliverables), and utilize the State's Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) too, to perform project planning through project closeout.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work for teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework. Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with the project sponsor. Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities. Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope. Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsors. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers. Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs. Designs and implements the components required for complex application features. Generally manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application, or platform skills. Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility for the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers. Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with an emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance. Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of the project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding the status of the project.
- One of the project required is to implement and use Salesforce as a hearings file management and document management replacement for the Hearings Tracking System (HTS) currently being utilized by Treasury Hearings Division. The current legacy system is in Delphi and unsupported and was identified as a critical finding in the last IRS audit. The new system will comply with and meet IRS requirements as it is a FISMA compliant and FedRAMP certified cloud-based solution. The project was put on hold a year ago when Salesforce was not pub1070 compliant. Recently Salesforce has upgraded its platform and became compliant with FedRAMP.
Due to upcoming changes in the Internet Technologies Landscape which will impact all of the State of Michigan’s workstations, we are required to implement some changes with Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash Player, and Java Runtime Engine Licensing. These three technologies are rapidly approaching their End of Life (EOL) for technical support from their respective manufacturer.
- Solid skills in project management utilizing a formal project management methodology. – Required 7 years.
- Solid skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling tool such as MS Project. – Required 5 years.
- Experience with PPM tool like Clarity – Desired 5 years.
- Ability to communicate technical terminology at levels appropriate to the audience both orally and in writing. – Required 7 years.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue/risk management, and status reporting. – Required 7 years.
- Experience managing projects utilizing Agile Scrum. – Nice to have 2 years.
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI. – Nice to have.
- State of Michigan SUITE experience or comparable methodologies. – Highly desired.
- Experience developing Project Charter, Project Communication Plan, Risk/Issue Plan, Resource Plan, and definition of budget estimates. – Required 5 years.
- Experience managing infrastructure and application development projects. – Required 2 years.