We have more than 159,000 entrepreneurial-minded employees dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. We are a mobility technology company and one of the world's largest automotive suppliers with 347 manufacturing operations and 94 product development, engineering and sales centres in 27 countries. Our competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems and complete vehicle solutions. Our common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (MG) and the New York Stock Exchange (MGA).
337 Magna Dr, Aurora, ON, CAN, L4G 7L6
Transportation / Logistics
Opening date:January 20
Closing date: February 20 2021
Industry: Transportation / Logistics,
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the entire Magna Product Delivery Process (PDP) resulting in flawless customer launches. This role oversees program scope, financials, timing, and quality and plays a key role in anticipating, escalating, and mitigating potential risks. As the primary point of contact for a designated program(s), this position interfaces with all levels of internal and external stakeholders on aspects of managing, scheduling, organizing, and measuring project deliverables. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong cross-functional team leadership, the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, organization, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Develops project plans including work scope, project milestones, risk management, cost/benefit analysis, project timelines, and budgets to ensure program objectives are met.
- Directs all activities related to the Product Delivery Process and tools (e.g., APQP, gate reviews, launch readiness audits, and run-at-rate).
- Monitors and approves all project documentation within Magna's PM system.
- Drives decisions to ensure success of the program considering timing, investment, profitability, reliability and design integrity.
- Collaborates with cross-functional disciplines and departments to ensure seamless program delivery.
- Communicates program status to Magna stakeholders, customers, and suppliers.
- Negotiates with internal and external stakeholders, vendors and customer to resolve conflict.
- Oversees change requests to ensure timely implementation.
- Uses risk management to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring; escalates challenges appropriately when needed.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and the mindset to deliver on customer expectations.
- Reviews and applies best practices from the lessons learned database; uploads program learnings.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF 16949).
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Product Delivery Process and tools; Program Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Ability to influence decision making/outcomes with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and customers.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize your own and others work under time and cost pressure.
- Moderate-to-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools; willing to learn company & customer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; English proficiency
- Three (3) years of work experience in the automotive or similar industry, including at least one vehicle launch.
- Five (5) years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Quality.
- Previous experience in injection molding, painting, and/or assembly operations is desirable
- Project leadership experience in a matrix organization is a plus.