In March of 1963, a one-man pool supply operation working out of a backyard shed in North Hollywood, California, began. That journey continues today - 54 years later - as Leslie's Poolmart, Inc., “The World’s Largest Retailer of Swimming Pool Supplies”. With over 900 retail stores in 35 states, plus a Commercial Division, Mail Order and E-commerce Group, Leslie’s offers many career opportunities.
Leslie's offers the best selection of pool and spa chemicals, pool cleaners, pool equipment, cleaning accessories and pool inflatables and floats.
We have the solution to all your pool and spa needs. Every store offers free in-store water testing and free in-store labor on repairs.
2005 E. Indian School Rd. , Phoenix, AZ, USA, 85016
Business Analyst/Project Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Opening date:January 22
Closing date: February 22 2021
Industry: Information Technology (IT),
Business Analyst/Project Manager - (21001010)
Leslie's is the world's largest retailer of swimming pool supplies. With multiple retail stores across the US and several Commercial, Service, E-Commerce, and Distribution divisions, the opportunities here are truly endless!
As a member of the Omnichannel Systems team, the Business Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and documenting customer requirements for projects. Creating detailed functional and technical designs that are accurately documented and verified by customers. The Business Analyst will assist the PMO with developing project documentation and ensure project success through on-time deliverables. This position will be responsible for enterprise level projects that contribute to the efficiency, productivity and success of Leslie's Poolmart.
- Assists in the establishment of and adheres to well-established, best-practice project management processes/procedures
- Facilitates the creation of project proposals (including timelines, business value analysis, budgets and resources)
- Will provide support to IT Management and Business Project Sponsors or Key Stake Holders in fulfilling the vision, direction, and timetable of technical and business process improvement projects that relate to new software development and existing software systems
- Assist PMO to help lead project activities with emphasis on project requirements gathering/specification, testing, quality assurance and user training
- Identifies, evaluates and documents business needs and objectives, operational processes and procedures, problems and requirements. Will help complete all project management documentation
- Gathering and definition of functional requirements, use cases to assist developers in creation of IT solutions to meet business objectives
- Capable of facilitating communication between stakeholders from all levels of the organization while objectively identifying and resolving conflict.
You are a strong leader with passion for ensuring that as a team we’re producing high quality solutions efficiently and quickly. You are able to coordinate resources and timelines on multiple projects to meet multiple deadlines, and can communicate and navigate around road blocks, caveats, or needs pertaining to meeting your teams’ goals. You are well versed in modern vendor management best practices.
- Lead, or contribute to the initial definition and impact assessment and estimation of project concepts and ideas.
- Ensure successful project delivery from initiation through to closure, within agreed organizational standards & guidelines.
- Working closely with a team of stakeholders, to lead and facilitate business design activities and to integrate change management activities into project planning activities.
- Capturing and disseminating knowledge across the brands and ensuring best practice is communicated and adopted.
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring, implementing and reporting on project activities to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience influencing business decisions
- Experience performing complex data analysis
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Drop Ship relationships in a retail environment
- Ability to create reporting for key constituents regarding vendor compliance metrics
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. Degree
- 3 to 5 years of general business process experience required with functional experience in critical functions such as Supply Chain, eCommerce, Accounting, Distribution and/or Manufacturing software systems
- Blend of Project Management/ Business analyst
- Data Analysis Skills (e.g., Exporting to MS Excel, data manipulation, Report Formatting, and analysis)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong Analytic, Documentation, Organizational, and presentation Skills
- Efficient with multitasking between multiple projects
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products including: MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint 2010
- Ability to make recommendations and present findings to Executive Management.
- Ability to lead any necessary Process Improvement efforts needed to mature organization
Apply now and take advantage of Leslie’s competitive salary. Additionally, we offer comprehensive and flexible benefit packages, including healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401K with a company match, team member discounts at our retail stores, and most importantly, career advancement opportunities!
Leslie’s is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.
Stop treading water, your career is here!
Primary Location: USA-AZ-Phoenix
Work Locations: #COR-Phoenix 2005 E Indian School RD Phoenix 85016