Worldwide Clinical Trials
Founded by physicians committed to advancing medical science, Worldwide is out to change how the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way. From early phase and bioanalytical sciences through late phase, post-approval and real-world evidence, we provide world-class, full-service drug development services. With infrastructure and talent spanning 60 countries, we execute predictable, successful studies with operational excellence across a range of therapeutic areas, including central nervous system, cardiovascular, metabolic, general medicine, oncology and rare diseases. We never compromise on science or safety. We’re never satisfied with the status quo. We’re the Cure for the Common CRO. For more information, visit http://www.worldwide.com.
3800 Paramount Parkway, Suite 400, Morrisville, NC, USA, 27560
Special Project Manager
Biotech and Pharma
Opening date:February 23
Closing date: March 27 2021
Industry: Biotech and Pharma,
SUMMARY: The Special Projects Project Manager (SPM) will manage multiple special projects or initiatives. These projects/initiatives will be within Early Phase or across the global Worldwide organization. :
- SPM is responsible for the overall coordination and management of projects/initiatives from start-up through close-out activities. Portfolio of projects span across Early Phase, with 10-30 active projects
- Directs/ coordinates all technical, financial, and/or operational aspects of the projects -- thus securing the successful completion.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions, and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet stakeholder time/quality/cost expectations
- The SPM, with support from the functional area leaders, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet expectations.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Lead core project team and facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team
- Serves as a liaison with executives, department heads, and executive leadership, to ensure that organizational goals are met.
- Drafts schedules for implementation of long-range plans and proposals.
- Monitors project progress, drafting and distributing periodic progress reports for leadership and stakeholders.
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and best practices.
- Lead cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish contingency plans for key resources
- Ensure successful design, implementation, tracking, and revision of project plans for assigned projects
- Promote effective teamwork among project team members Resolve conflicts as needed
- Ensure appropriate communication on project-related matters with the Early Phase Management
- Meet financial performance targets for the assigned projects
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to expectations
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects
- Establish excellent working relationships with project teams and vendors to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs.
- Manage all aspects of designated projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Other Skills And Abilities
- The SPM possesses a high level of the following skills and attributes
- Sound knowledge of the key principles of cross-functional project management (time, quality, cost)
- Solid financial acumen
- Lean Six Sigma principles
- Effective negotiation technique
- Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, and written) and can communicate in the English language (oral and written)
- The ability to persuade, convince, and influence/impress others
- Organizational skills and proficiency at multi-tasking with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coordinate teams and coach/mentor team members as appropriate
- The ability to delegate effectively and prioritize own and workload of project team members
- Cross-cultural awareness and ability to adapt appropriately
- Ability to work independently
- Good computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; PMP, LeanSix Sigma Blackbelt preferred. MBA preferred.
- At least eight years of related experience required, with high-level management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes
- Can demonstrate experience of successfully managing and/or leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience using project management software
- Solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budget
- Available for domestic and international travel, including overnight stays
- Valid current passport required
- Ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs, CRO experience a significant plus