Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our proven portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage energy and water for the people they serve.
2111 North Molter Road, Liberty Lake, WA, USA, 99019
Technical Project Manager - Global Managed Services
Technical Project Manager - Global Managed Services
10 days ago | San Antonio, Texas, United States | Itron, Inc.
Opening date:April 07
Closing date: May 07 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Financial Services,
Cutting-edge technology. Over 200 million connected devices. Insightful services. Itron helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water now and into the future.
Itron is looking for a dynamic Project Manager to support Global Managed Services. In this role, you will coordinate all aspects of a project, which may include product or service offering projects for an internal or external client, from inception to implementation. Requires experience in large-scale hosted application and system deployment. Typically involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Working with all organizational levels and groups, as well as external vendors and customers, you will develop and manage project schedules, resources, and identify risk. You will clearly communicate status to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies. Projects are typically focused on the delivery of new or enhanced Outcomes to improvement of customer satisfaction with process improvements or technology. Project management skills as well as technical skills are key to this role. Typically oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
A strong technical background in IT infrastructure, application development/deployment is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. Successful candidates must be able to command the technical respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed timelines. Successful candidates must have extensive experience working directly with customers including establishing project scope and schedules, establishing joint roles and responsibilities, managing mutual commitments, and managing scope change.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously: new customer deployments, application upgrades, and ad-hoc requests. Some weekend work will be required based on customer requirements.
- Utilize Project Leading management methodology and activities in the development and execution of project plans, schedules, budgets, control points, risk assessment and monitoring, resource allocation and status reporting. Work with management to alleviate bottlenecks in the projects.
- Responsible for day to day scope management, including meeting, status coordination, schedule and project plan, and project financials.
- Drive and own development, change management, and execution to committed scope, schedule, and budget.
- Be a strong advocate for your projects in a dynamic environment, run project meetings efficiently, publishing notes and actions, provide updates to team, manager, and customers.
- Serve as liaison between technical personnel and functional business users in the project environment.
- Actively participating in solution design, testing, and training.
- Work with multiple internal teams to establish deployment strategy and roadmap for assigned accounts, to support business goals and customer requirements.
- Review existing processes, procedures, work methods and identify concrete improvements to improve operational effectiveness and accuracy.
Experience: This position requires a minimum 7 years of related experience.
Required Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of Operations experience and 5+ as a Project Manager, preferably in an internet/application service provider (ISP/ASP), telecommunications/carrier, and/or large enterprise software environment.
- Experience and familiarity with standard project management tools is required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects, including requirements gathering, resource organization, project/task prioritization and schedule development.
- Ability to work in team focused environment, organize a cross-functional team and matrixed organization.
- Strong working knowledge of servers, networks, database and software applications. Hands-on experience in these areas is a definite plus. Highly organized engineers will also be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels. Ability to communicate technical topics/issues clearly and concisely.
- Follow through on commitments and attention to detail are critical.
- Experience with the principles of Change Management and ITIL processes, including ticket creation, change approval, and documentation
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) highly preferred or equivalent experience.
Certification: PMP certification highly preferred. Ability to obtain PMP certification within 6 mos. required.
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.