Diversified Technical Services, Inc.
When Elio Castanuela launched Diversified Technical Services, Inc., in 1980, he envisioned a company with a fierce commitment to customer success and satisfaction. From those beginnings, DTSI developed a culture intent on providing the most innovative and advanced solutions to the increasingly demanding technological challenges facing governmental agencies. Although small in size, the organization gathered a highly experienced and knowledgeable staff, leading numerous projects in the U.S. and around the world, building a reputation for meeting deliverables on time.
DTSI is a leader in the systems engineering and IT services industry. With over 35 years’ experience providing quality and cost effective technical support services and solutions to a diverse customer base, DTSI applies time-tested skills and abilities in the management of its projects and contracts. DTSI also possesses a wide range of capabilities from software development to telecommunications and network support to legacy system migration and system modernization. As a CMMI Level 3 appraised company and a successful graduate from the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program, DTSI’s Quality Management System (QMS) guides DTSI in not only the operations of its contracts, but the management of the entire corporate body.
12508 Jones Maltsburger, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX, USA, 78247
IT Project Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Aerospace and Defense
IT Project Manager
3 days ago | San Antonio, Texas, United States | Diversified Technical Services, Inc.
Opening date:February 23
Closing date: March 27 2021
Industry: Information Technology (IT), Aerospace and Defense, Computer Software,
DTSI is seeking a Project Manager to serve as primary representative responsible for all project work, ensuring 100% compliance with program standards and cost, schedule. The PM will implement DTSI CMMI Level 3 process control, quality management, and report to DTSI management and executive leadership. The Project Manager will lead eFOIA System sustainment and integration services to military organizations across the country. The PM’s team of developers and sustainers will perform full spectrum software lifecycle support for the USAF eFOIA application. The project manager will serve as technical lead for the system and maintain full system knowledge of the hosting platform and the application to include technical capabilities, upcoming system enhancement, and insight into user experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a focal point for Program Office/Contractor communications
- Manage the sustainment team and implement best practices in IT System Management and Agile Software Development
- Manage customer relationships in coordination with the Air Force Program Management Office (PMO) by providing weekly updates and participating in routine and ad-hoc PMO meetings
- Sustain appropriate manning to accomplish tasks and notify Program Office of personnel status IAW this PWS. Responsible for managing staff performance, performing employee assessments, and making hire/fire decisions
- Provide CDRLs to Program Office accurately and IAW stated timelines
- Provide information pertaining to risks or issues IAW the eFOIA Risk Management Framework package
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required
- Participate in meetings as needed with regard to the activities of the system and provide guidance/recommendations on eFOIA issues, upgrades, and re-hosting
- Maintain a Quality Assurance Program
- Work outside normal duty hours (shift work) to support mission accomplishment as events dictate.
- Develop schedules and implementation plans, including parallel operations, identification of technical approaches, and a description of anticipated prototype results
- Ensure successful execution of program cost, schedule, and performance goals
- Maintain and abide by a fully integrated Contractor Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS)
- Deliver an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to support the entire effort and provide input to the Program Office throughout the PoP
- Deliver Meeting Minutes for all government/contractor discussions to be kept as official records
- Plan, organize and coordinate activities and actions with external vendors, subcontractors, and project stakeholders
- Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of experience leading complex IT system and software development and/or sustainment projects
- Working knowledge of DoD contracting processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of DoD Information Technology implementation
- Work with confidential and classified information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Current Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification
- Familiarity with leading Information Technology elements
- Conversant in military cyber domain functions and current activities
- Motivational Leader to team of technology developers, cyber operators, and engineering support personnel
- Able to satisfy customer expectations while adhering to contractual requirements and meeting corporate performance objectives
- Experience in managing technical scope of projects within boundaries and preventing creep of requirements and expectations
- Communicate effectively via oral and written channels to achieve desired outcomes
Established in 1980, DTSI has built an unwavering reputation of delivering superior IT solutions with a strong focus on exceeding customer expectations and a relentless drive to be the best in the industry. Our success, undoubtedly, is a direct result of our people. We are intentional in seeking individuals who are hard-working, disciplined, visionary, and approach all tasks and all interactions with an attitude of excellence.
Inclusion and Diversity
DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.