Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 28,000 people, active in over 70 countries that generate €3.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
From climate change to rapid urbanization, our world is a more complex place.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
630 Plaza Drive, 150+ Locations across U.S. and Canada, Highlands Ranch, CO, USA, 80126
Project Manager (Pharma) - Richmond, VA
Opening date:March 31
Closing date: April 30 2021
Industry:Construction, Civil Engineering,
Arcadis is seeking a Project Manager with a background in the pharmaceutical industry to join our Industrial Infrastructure team in Richmond, VA.
As a Project Manager, you will ensure that projects adhere to client requirements and business goals by developing and driving project plans, managing cross-functional teams, and coordinating activities within the established project timelines set forth by the Program Manager. You will be responsible for all project phases- planning, design/preconstruction, procurement, construction, commissioning & validation. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
- Day-to-day management of the planning, engineering, construction, and handover aspects of the projects and all associated deliverables
- Coordinating design reviews and approvals between owner and contractors
- Coordinating, scheduling, and reporting activities related to stakeholder management, benefits management, business change management and project communications
- Coordinating activities related to the application for and approval of statutory local authority planning approvals required for the project
- Ensuring that all appropriate technical standards are applied during the project implementation
- Managing work to follow state, local, and Federal requirements
- Ensuring all deliverables and constructed work are in conformance with the quality standards set forth in the contract documents
- Providing timely, accurate, progress reports, cash flow and cost of completion forecasts to the Project Sponsor on a monthly basis and when exceptional circumstances arise
- Maintaining project files, meetings records and correspondence, and project controls information
- Approving all purchases, procurement, and payments on the project
- Monitoring subcontractor adherence to safety standards
- Have project management experience in the pharmaceutical industry including laboratory projects and complex process equipment installations
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and PMIS systems
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills that are clear and concise
- Be capable of managing multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Be self-motivated, team-oriented, and flexible; have the initiative and ability to tackle new projects and challenges daily
- Be health, safety, and quality-focused
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma
- Pharmaceutical and Commercial Building experience
- Understanding of delivering projects in a GxP regulated environment
- Familiarity with biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis- 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.