Flexible enough to turnkey content, experienced enough to know how to use it. We adapt so brands can thrive.
2733 Cullen St., Fort Worth, TX, USA, 76107
Associate Project Manager
Opening date:November 17
Closing date : December 18 2020
The Associate Project Manager works with the Brand Management Team to manage all projects for assigned clients. Involved from the new business phase through project completion, the Associate Project Manager is responsible for assisting with proposals and project plans, then guiding the project through development and creative. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for the internal scheduling of work throughout the agency by opening all jobs and assigning a step-by-step schedule of completion to each of those jobs. Under the direction of the Director of Brand Management, the Associate Project Manager coordinates movement of all jobs through agency departments (account service, research/planning, media, creative, interactive, production).
The Associate Project Manager also works alongside his/her team leads (Director of Brand Management and Creative Director) to provide internal status reports of all active jobs, communicating the status of each job and identifying current/potential workload challenges. As changes in timing or scheduling take place, the Associate Project Manager must be informed so an accurate schedule can be produced each day and adjusted. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Associate Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
The Associate Project Manager position requires superior project management skills. S/he must be a conscientious team player and extremely organized, detailed and have an analytical yet creative mindset. This person must demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills. The Associate Project Manager should be a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude, while maximizing efficiencies via multitasking.
Account and Project Support
- Acts as a project management lead both internally and externally on assigned accounts, reporting to a senior team member for support when needed.
ith the support of the Brand Manager and/or Project Manager, educates clients on agency processes and sets the tone of the partnership
- Ensures client onboarding process is followed, including:
- Gaining appropriate details for client setup in the Webvantage system
- Working with Brand Manager and/or Project Manager to identify appropriate billing procedures
- Receiving and documenting brand standards, style guides and other key documents to assist internal teams in optimal project delivery
- Assists Brand Manager and Operations Team with documentation of contracts, including MSAs, PPAs, NDAs, etc. and maintains digital files on all client activities
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes and which team members are involved in the different phases of a project
- Within Webvantage, develops:
• Project schedules
• Individual alerts and assignments
Works with Brand Managers to ensure that:
• Each project meets key deadlines
• Each project meets quality control and agency standards
• The final project meets client expectations
- Proactively assists Brand Managers in gathering the necessary information to plan and implement each client project
- Manages production workflow between Brand Manager requests and agency services to ensure client needs and expectations are met
- Ensures projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Brand
- Managers to potential problems before they occur
- Proofreads printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers
- Assists brand management team in timely issuance of documentation: pricing proposals, project initiations, project briefs, estimates, schedules, and status and budget reports
- Reviews and files Job Change Orders from Brand Managers/clients and adjusts schedules and budgets accordingly
- Contacts clients directly as requested by Team Leads
- Works proactively with Brand Manager to develop knowledge of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments in order to recommend valuable process and budgeting adjustments
Internal Resource Management
- Partners with brand management and creative teams to forecast team traffic and project influxes
- Within Webvantage:
• Manages time and financial resources, working diligently to collaborate with team leads, continuously adjusting team and individual workloads to ensure client projects are on time and on budget
• Constantly updates schedules, and distributes to all departments a daily “Hot Sheet” listing the most pressing jobs for the day and their current status
• Publishes a weekly production status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status
- Works with Creative Team and Brand Manager to identify production details and subsequently solicit and negotiate production and other service estimates from partners (e.g., printers, photographers, illustrators) and develop internal POs appropriately
- With support from the Creative Team, ensures that production projects move forward according to project schedule and that projects remains in line with vendor estimate and overall client budget
- Mentors Project Coordinators who show interest in a project management growth plan
- Works closely with Brand Manager once a marketing plan/proposal/scope of work (SOW) is developed to identify associated project estimates, working through necessary details to solidify scope of each project appropriately
- Constantly monitors Webvantage Quote vs Actuals (QvA) reports to provide account- and project-level reports, and proactively call out issues to Brand Managers
- Assists with monthly billing and reconciliation of projects for assigned clients
- Supports in maintaining ongoing accounting status reports for Brand Managers and clients
- Provides Brand Managers with reports/details so that they can finalize and report on monthly, quarterly and yearly projections
- Maintains working knowledge of pertinent software and peripherals needed to complete work
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Reports to: Senior Brand Management and/or Project Management Team Lead
External relationships: Clients, Vendors
Education: B.A. in Business, Management, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations or Liberal Arts
Work experience: 2+ years of relevant experience required; agency experience preferred; management experience a plus
Work requirements: Occasional overtime and travel may be required. May work some odd hours.
We offer a friendly and creative work environment with appropriate levels of tomfoolery, a competitive salary plus benefits, 401(k), paid time off, a festive holiday schedule and bottomless cups of coffee. So, are you ready to join our little guild of craftsmen? OK, then. Sharpen your tools and email us.